NEW REPORT: Documenting the Value of EAP in the Workplace
EAPs are designed to alleviate workplace issues due to mental health, substance abuse, personal problems, and workplace issues. To better understand their value in achieving these goals, EASNA developed a document summarizing more than 20 years of research on the value of Employee Assistance Programs. Click the link below to download your free copy:
The Role of the Account Manager
Account managers play a critical role in advancing the Employee Assistance field through their strategic and consultative support provided to employers. This position title itself may be defined in numerous ways but the ultimate role of an account manager is to be the key contact and liaison between the EAP and the purchaser (organization). An account manager’s role is a critical one, consisting of on-going consultation to employers on a variety of workplace issues and strategy discussions on the way in which an EAP can be positioned to address organizational challenges and human capital risks.
The primary responsibilities of an account manager may include the following:
- on-going client consultation on a variety of issues affecting upon today’s employers and workforce such as:
- EAP & Work/Life programs and benefit designs,
- enhancing productivity,
- workplace policy and procedure consultation,
- various legal mandates and the EAP;
- development and implementation of a program promotion and visibility plan;
- providing trend and demographic analysis as well as outcome analysis for client reports with strategic recommendations for organizational enhancement;
- on-going consultative sales to existing clients including up-sell and cross-selling;
- client rate negotiations and renewal;
- monitoring compliance related to any client performance expectations and/or guarantees.
- oversight of the implementation process for new accounts.
If you serve in an account management capacity for an EAP we encourage you to visit EASNA’s Web site often and to become a member. Our website is updated often and houses a variety of content and news items that will assist your efforts in proactively supporting your customers.