Think EAP: Risk, Disability, and Safety at Work
Registration will open in January.
May 10-12, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
The Westin Buckhead Atlanta
The goal of the event will be to bring together exemplary employer representatives, industry-leading employee assistance providers and other human capital experts to engage in informative discussions for the benefit of employers, employees/workers, unions, human resource professionals, and benefits consultants in successfully addressing the new dynamics of today’s global workforce. The event begins with Wednesday afternoon educational sessions, followed by a welcome reception and concludes mid-afternoon on Friday. CEU credits are available.
Institute Quick Links: Join Us in Atlanta
Looking for the agenda? It’s in the advance program that we’ll post in January. The event begins with Wednesday afternoon sessions and a reception and ends mid-afternoon on Friday.
- Registration will open in January.
- Reserve your hotel room now. The room rate is $189 a night plus tax. The deadline is April 17.
- Read the Advance Program (coming in January)
- Travel information for this arriving from OUTSIDE of the US here.
Meet Our Sponsors and Exhibitors
You’ll find them listed on a separate web page. Want to become a sponsor or exhibitor? Call 703-416-0060.
Reserve Your Room at the Westin Buckhead
Newly refreshed and situated in the heart of the upscale Buckhead community, this Buckhead hotel is surrounded by the finest shopping and dining experiences in Atlanta. The hotel recently completed a renovation of our guest rooms and public spaces, as well as the renowned Atlanta restaurant, The Palm. We are next door to Lenox Square and the Shops Around Lenox and across the street from Phipps Plaza.
Commonly referred to as “The Beverly Hills of the South,” Atlanta’s stylish Buckhead neighborhood is the place to enjoy the city’s best luxury shopping, fine dining, and energetic nightlife. Find yourself surrounded by a world of fashion, dining, culture, nightlife, and great attractions.
Don’t Drive! Take the Train
Access to the hotel from the Atlanta Airport is easiest using MARTA: Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority. MARTA offers an inexpensive and convenient way to navigate the city. One-Way fare is $2.50–and is MUCH faster than driving. Access the airport stations from the end of the baggage claim area.
Here’s how. Purchase a roundtrip ticket from the ticket machines on the right side as you enter the station. Then, go downstairs and take the North-North Springs Line to Buckhead Station (N7). Walk one block North on Peachtree Road and the hotel is on the right. When you return, you’ll see signs for going south towards the airport.
Things to Do Nearby in Atlanta
Arts & Culture
- Atlanta History Center – located 2 miles away, is one of the largest history museums in the nation, featuring signature exhibitions
- Woodruff Arts Center – located 4 miles away in Midtown, the Center offers a bold variety of performing and visual arts – both traditional and avant-garde
- Margaret Mitchell House & Museum (4.0 miles)
- High Museum of Art (4.0 miles)
- Fernbank Science Center (9.0 miles)
- Phipps Plaza Mall – located 0.1 miles away, this luxury mall features a dine-in movie theater, Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue
- Lenox Square Mall – located 0.1 miles away in the heart of Buckhead, is a premier shopping destination throughout the Southeast. Book Our Shopping Package!
- Shops Around Lenox – located 0.2 miles away, this is an open-air collection of leading contemporary brands, boutiques and restaurants
- The Shops Buckhead Atlanta (1.1 miles)
- Atlantic Station (5.0 miles)
- LEGOLAND® Discovery Center – located 0.4 miles away,explore educational activities and kids attractions inside the biggest box of LEGO®. Book Our Family LegoLand Package!
- Atlanta Botanical Garden – located 4 miles away is a 30 acres botanical garden located adjacent to Piedmont Park in Midtown Atlanta
- Piedmont Park – located 4 miles away is a 189-acre urban park in Atlanta, located about 1 mile northeast of Downtown
- Georgia Aquarium (8 miles)
- World of Coca-Cola (8 miles)
- Centennial Olympic Park (8 miles)
Recreation & Entertainment
- Buckhead Theatre – located 1 mile away the theater is Atlanta’s premier intimate venue.
- Chastain Park/Amphitheater – located 3 miles away is a 268-acre park which includes jogging paths, playgrounds, tennis courts, a golf course, swimming pool, horse park, and amphitheater
- Atlanta Symphony Orchestra (4 miles)
- Alliance Theatre (4 miles)
- The Fox Theatre (5 miles)
- Aaron’s Amphitheatre at Lakewood (13 miles)
The deadline for reserving guest rooms at the preferred rate is April 17.
Prior EASNA Institute Presentation Handouts
Some presentations are only accessible through the Members Only site. Log in to review the presentations from this and other Institutes. For those available on the public site, click here.