Corporate Award Program
Annually EASNA recognizes one Canadian and one US company with its Corporate Awards of Excellence. Nominations are reviewed by a three-member panel of judges seeking to identify companies that have worked in partnership with EAP providers to design and integrate a program that enhances employee well-being and enables the company to work toward a healthy and productive workplace. Winners will be announced at the Institute, EASNA’s annual conference.
2016 Corporate Award Nominations
We’ll announce the nomination process, including a form you may download, later this year.
2015 Corporate Award Winners
News Release 15-1
Arlington, VA, March 4, 2015—The Employee Assistance Society of North America (EASNA) announces its 11th Annual Corporate Award winners. The award is given yearly to showcase the excellence, innovation, and impact of Employee Assistance Programs in the workplace. This year’s winners will deliver a presentation on their programs at the 27th Annual Institute, EASNA’s annual conference, April 22-24 in Clearwater Beach, Florida, USA.
The following companies have been selected as the 2015 winners:
- In Canada the winner is CBC/Radio-Canada.
- In the US the winner is American Express, whose EAP is ValueOptions, a Beacon Health Options company.
The first ever Leadership Award will be presented to R. Paul Maiden, PhD, MSSW. This new award recognized an individual who throughout his or her career demonstrated ongoing commitment and support of EAP and workplace health. Maiden is Professor and Executive Vice Dean, Academic and Student Affairs, at the University of Southern California’s (USC’s) School of Social Work.
Maiden has been active in the EAP field for over 35 years. In addition to holding teaching positions at USC, the University of Illinois at Chicago, and the University of Central Florida, he also was Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Workplace Behavioral Health from 2000 to 2014. Maiden has published numerous books, book chapters, and articles and numerous presentations focused on EAPs, international EAPs, substance abuse and related topics.
An independent panel of judges reviews submissions and evaluates them on a series of criteria that underscore the importance of integrating the services of an EAP provider to ensure the health and well-being of the company’s workforce.
The winning companies or the EAPs will deliver a formal presentation as part of a one-hour program during the Institute. The presentation will be held on April 24 at the Clearwater Beach Hilton in Clearwater Beach, Florida,
2014 Corporate Award Winners
Congratulations to these winners:
- In Canada the winner is Peel Regional Police, whose EAP is Morneau Shepell.
- In the US the winner is Abbott, whose EAP is Ceridian LifeWorks.
Previous Corporate Award Winners
- Bank of Nova Scotia
- Canada Post
- Johnson & Johnson
- University of Toronto
- Partner’s Healthcare
- Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO), Canada
- Genesis Health System, US
- Hydro One, Canada
- United Parcel Service, US
- Special Recognition Award, Standard Bank Group and its EAP provider, ICAS Southern Africa
- Ontario Power Generation, whose EAP provider is Shepell.fgi, Canada
- Johnson & Johnson, whose EAP provider is Value Options, US
- Atomic Energy of Canada Limited; their EAP is Shepell.fgi, Canada
- The Home Depot; their EAP is ValueOptions, US
- In Canada the winner was Apotex Inc.; their EAP is Source Line.
- In the US the winner was Michelin North America; their EAP is ValueOptions.
- Michelin North America–Canada, Inc., whose EAP is Morneau Shepell, Canada
- US Coast Guard, whose EAP is ValueOptions, US
How to Apply
Download the form that will be available in early 2016.