Submissions for the 2015 Institute Are Due by Wednesday, October 22
Tools, Trends, and Traps: Positioning EAPs for Maximum Success
Call for Presentations Overview
We are seeking creative presenters or panelists who will deliver interactive and advanced-level sessions that demonstrate best practices and leadership trends in EAP. This year, EASNA will offer a mix of plenary sessions, breakout sessions, and rapid-fire (15-minute) dynamic sessions.
All sessions will include some method of participant interaction throughout the offerings. Also, Q&A sessions after the 15-minute presentations are mandatory. We will decline proposals that exclude these essential components. We expect presenters to encourage participation and discussion throughout the sessions, to create a lively, provocative, and engaging experience. Research-based content is especially encouraged.
Interactivity may be achieved several ways, including but not limited to the following:
- Pose a question, or challenge, or idea to the participants and discuss as a whole group.
- Pose a question, or challenge, or idea for participants to discuss in small groups, and then share with the whole group.
- Have participants complete a brief questionnaire at some point prior to the session, or as they arrive, and review during the session.
We are anticipating the 2015 Institute to be comprised of the following types of sessions:
- Two 90-minute plenary sessions
- Up to five 60-minute break-out sessions
- Six or more 15-minute rapid-fire sessions
We will provide a slate of presentations that offers excellent variety. To meet that goal, we encourage proposals that are mindful of any/all of the following components:
- Creative use of media
- Employer representation
- Panels of manageable size to allow equitable sharing by all panelists
- Real-life/workplace experience
- Global perspective
- Something no one has ever thought of/done before
- Recently released research Studies