EASNA Corporate Awards of Excellence
Annually EASNA recognizes one Canadian and one US Company with its Corporate Awards of Excellence Program. Nominations are reviewed by a panel of judges seeking to identify organizations that have worked to design and integrate a program that enhances employee well-being and enables them to work toward a healthy and productive workplace. The deadline for the 2016 awards will be announced later this year.)
Nominees supply the following information to the review committee:
- What makes the particular EAP program up for nomination unique, high quality, innovative, or award worthy?
- How has the nominated program integrated the EAP into the organization’s culture, vision and strategy for employee health and performance?
- How does the program demonstrate a commitment to employee wellness, prevention and EAP promotion.
- What impact has the nominated program had in the organization and what has been the feedback, impact, or outcomes?
In addition our Corporate Awards of Excellence Program EASNA will recognize one industry leader: a partner, vendor, consultant, or provider who throughout their career demonstrated ongoing commitment and support of EAP and workplace health. Nominations are reviewed by a panel of judges seeking to identify pioneers and deeply committed supporters of EAP. Nominees must work in the country hosting the Institute that year, which for 2015 is the USA. (In 2016 the award will recognize a Canadian.)
Nominees supply the following information:
- How has this person demonstrated their ongoing commitment to EAP and healthy workplaces?
- How has the nominated person contributed to the ongoing vitality and sustainability of the EAP industry?
- How has the person demonstrated creativity and industry leading innovation in wellness, prevention and EAP?
- What impact has the nominated person had on the quality and outcomes achieved in EAP?
Congratulations to Our 2015 Winners: American Express, CBC/Radio-Canada, and R. Paul Maiden
News Release 15-1
Arlington, VA, March 4, 2015—The Employee Assistance Society of North America (EASNA) announces its 11th Annual Corporate Award winners. The award is given yearly to showcase the excellence, innovation, and impact of Employee Assistance Programs in the workplace. This year’s winners will deliver a presentation on their programs at the 27th Annual Institute, EASNA’s annual conference, April 22-24 in Clearwater Beach, Florida, USA.
The following companies have been selected as the 2015 winners:
- In Canada the winner is CBC/Radio-Canada.
- In the US the winner is American Express, whose EAP is ValueOptions, a Beacon Health Options company.
The first ever Leadership Award will be presented to R. Paul Maiden, PhD, MSSW. This new award recognized an individual who throughout his or her career demonstrated ongoing commitment and support of EAP and workplace health. Maiden is Professor and Executive Vice Dean, Academic and Student Affairs, at the University of Southern California’s (USC’s) School of Social Work.
Maiden has been active in the EAP field for over 35 years. In addition to holding teaching positions at USC, the University of Illinois at Chicago, and the University of Central Florida, he also was Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Workplace Behavioral Health from 2000 to 2014. Maiden has published numerous books, book chapters, and articles and numerous presentations focused on EAPs, international EAPs, substance abuse and related topics.
An independent panel of judges reviews submissions and evaluates them on a series of criteria that underscore the importance of integrating the services of an EAP provider to ensure the health and well-being of the company’s workforce.
The winning companies or the EAPs will deliver a formal presentation as part of a one-hour program during the Institute. The presentation will be held on April 24 at the Clearwater Beach Hilton in Clearwater Beach, Florida, in the US. Information on the winners will also be posted on the EASNA website (http://www.easna.org).
As the employee assistance industry’s trade association, EASNA advances the competitive excellence of its members by fostering best practices, research, education, and advocacy in behavioral health and wellness that impacts workplace performance.
Congratulations to Our 2014 Winners
Previous Corporate Award Winners
- Michelin North America–Canada, Inc, Canada
- US Coast Guard, US
- Apotex Inc., Canada
- Michelin North America, US
- Atomic Energy of Canada Limited, Canada
- The Home Depot, US
- Ontario Power Generation, Canada
- Johnson & Johnson, US
- Hydro One, Canada
- United Parcel Service, US
- Special Recognition Award, Standard Bank Group and its EAP provider, ICAS Southern Africa
- Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO), Canada;
- Genesis Health System, US
- University of Toronto
- Partner’s Healthcare
- Canada Post
- Johnson & Johnson
- Bank of Nova Scotia