Selecting and Strengthening Employee Assistance Programs: A Purchaser’s Guide
The guide was developed by EAP professionals and researchers and completed under the auspices of EASNA’s Knowledge Transfer and Research Committee. Copies are only available from this website.
EASNA Research Notes
The Knowledge Transfer and Research Committee is proud to begin publishing EASNA Research Notes. Each month we will issue a new edition of the Notes, addressing topics of current interest in the behavioral healthcare field.
Submitting Articles for the Notes
KTR accepts articles from members and nonmembers related to best-practice, cutting-edge research, and innovation that can be shared throughout the EAP field and beyond. Consider submitting if
- you are looking for a quick and easy way to share your work with a large EAP audience; or,
- you recently published research in a peer-reviewed journal and want to be sure the rest of the EAP field knows about your primary findings and where to read the results of our full study; or
- you submitted an abstract to the EASNA Institute or another national conference, were not selected as a presenter, but still want to share your research with the EAP field.
Articles may be up to 2,000 words. For a copy of the complete author guidelines, click here to download the EASNA Research Notes Guidelines 2012-2013.
- External Employee Assistance Program Vendors: A Study of RFI Data from 2009-2010
- Attracting New EAP Users Through Online Text-based Chat Services (September 2012)=Vol. 3 No. 2, A Pilot Study
- Shaking the Tree: From Employee Assistance to Employee Potentiation–A Commentary and Research Review (April 2012)= Vol. 3, No. 1
- The Business Case Bibliography: 100 Review Papers on the Workplace Value of Mental Health, Addiction and EAP Services (December 2011)=Vol. 2, No. 4
- Trends in EAP Services and Strategies: An Industry Survey (October 2011)= Vol. 2 No. 3
- Employee Assistance Research Foundation Announces Winners of Its First Grant Awards Program (August 2011)=Vol. 2, No. 2
- The Story of Integration: Reflections on Four Research Studies Over 20 Years (February 2011)=Vol. 2, No. 1VOLUME 1 below
- Implementation of EAPs (April 2010)= Vol. 1 No.9
- The Business Value of EAP: A Conceptual Model (March 2010)=Vol.1, No. 10
- Indicators of the Quality of EAP Services (February 2010)=Vol. 1, No. 7
- Pricing Options for EAP Services (January 2010)=Vol. 1, No. 6
- Utilization of EAP Services (December 2009)= Vol. 1 No.5
- EAP Services, Programs and Delivery Channels (November 2009)=Vol. 1, No. 4
- EAP Effectiveness and ROI (October 2009)
- The Need for EAPs: The Workplace Burden of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Problems (September 2009)=Vol. 1, No. 2
- History and Growth of the EAP Field (August 2009)=Vol. 1, No. 1
The Value of Employee Assistance Programs
EASNA has prepared a one-page document that summarizes documented evidence supporting the value of Employee Assistance Programs as a means of improving the mental health of employees, in supporting employee wellness, and in reducing absenteeism and presenteeism associated with loss of productivity. The brief Includes 29 references to research studies.
Journal of Workplace Behavioral Health
In Spring 2005, the new and revised Journal of Workplace Behavioral Health (formerly EAQ) will make its inaugural debut. Paul Maiden, editor, in collaboration with Haworth Press, has revitalized this peer review journal with a new name and new cover which reflect changes in the industry, and encourage research submissions from a broader array of arenas. The content has expanded to a more Behavioral Health Focus and currently is attracting an international audience of researchers. In addition to the general volumes which consist of a variety of research articles, Content Issues have been developed in some of the following areas: Accreditation; The Alliance; Integration of EAP, W/L and Wellness; Labor Issues and Aging Issues. Currently this is the premier research journal in the EAP Field which has begun to expand to overlapping and related fields of interests Available with EASNA membership.